Analysis is your critical step to deriving the insight necessary for understanding both the current market forces and opportunities – and for developing your competitive advantage.
FACT: Analysis is the highest value-add in the Competitive Intelligence (CI) process. Yet it is one of the more difficult roles a CI professional is called upon to perform.
This powerful workshop is carefully designed and structured for those looking to expand their analytical tool kit and bring increased value-add to their work and their company. This experiential learning workshop uses a combination of lecture, case study and examples. Participants will have the opportunity to enhance and increase learning and familiarity with particular analytical techniques.
The techniques covered in this workshop will address environmental, industry and organisational fit factors (Driving Forces Analysis, Industry Analysis and SERVO). Participants will be encouraged to discuss their own industries and the particular challenges they face.
Workshop participants will learn to:
- Work with intelligence customers to define intelligence problems and scope of intelligence projects.
- Appreciate the depth and breadth of analytical techniques available to address business issues, including learning three new techniques.
- Learn how and when to adapt and/or combine techniques for specific purposes.
- Build their repertoire of analytical tools.
- Appreciate how analytical outputs can inform the decision making process.
- Produce intelligence reports that are useful to intelligence users.
Who should attend this workshop:
- Professionals who have one year or more experience performing CI activities.
- Professionals who perform CI as a secondary job function.
- Professionals interested in delivering real insights to decision makers.
- Professional senior sales personnel who seek to increase their value.
Presented by Prof Babette Bensoussan, Senior Associate & Mentor with VALIDITY Group.
- Strategic & Competitive Analysis: Methods & Techniques for Analysing Business Competition
- Analysis Without Paralysis: 12 Tools to Make Better Strategic Decisions
- Business & Competitive Analysis: Effective Application of New & Classic Methods
- Mindshifting Snippets for Creative Thought
- Staying Ahead of the Competition: How Firms Really Manage Their Competitive Intelligence & Knowledge
SCIP Meritorious Award, the world’s most prestigious award in the field of Competitive Intelligence. She was – and still remains – the first female and only Australian recipient of this prize.