Business success is not based upon guess work. It requires information. It requires solid interpretation of facts before plans can be made and executed. It requires Competitive Intelligence (CI).
This specially designed one-day workshop offers a comprehensive introduction to those professionals who are new to Competitive Intelligence (CI).
The workshop will address such questions as:
- What is Competitive Intelligence?
- How do you systematically gather information without overload?
- What primary research do you need?
- How do you get your peers involved in the intelligence process?
- How do you transform information into insights?
Our presenter is a world leader in this field. She will deliver a working definition of CI and will discuss the issue of ethics in CI. Attendees will learn what primary and secondary resources are available and the techniques necessary to access them. You will also learn how to manage data effectively once it has been collected and how to turn that data into insights for executives.
Your learning experience includes:
- Understanding the fundamental requirements for beginning CI activity;
- Learning to maintain focus and create intelligence;
- Discovering available primary and secondary research sources and techniques;
- Acquiring an understanding of the marketplace and the competition; and
- Developing the ability to manage CI effectively.
Who should attend Practical CI:
- Professionals who have one year or less of experience performing CI activities
- Professionals who perform CI as a secondary job function
- Business Leaders and Professionals interested in understanding the basics of CI.
Presented by Prof Babette Bensoussan, Senior Associate & Mentor with VALIDITY Group.
- Strategic & Competitive Analysis: Methods & Techniques for Analysing Business Competition
- Analysis Without Paralysis: 12 Tools to Make Better Strategic Decisions (2nd edition)
- Business & Competitive Analysis: Effective Application of New & Classic Methods (2nd edition)
- Mindshifting Snippets for Creative Thought
- Staying Ahead of the Competition: How Firms Really Manage Their Competitive Intelligence & Knowledge
- FT Guide to Analysis for Managers: Effective Planning Tools & Techniques (Financial Times Series)
SCIP Meritorious Award, the world’s most prestigious award in the field of Competitive Intelligence. She was – and still remains – the first female and only Australian recipient of this prize.